Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dallas - expo eve

So...I arrived in Dallas without incident.  Which is more than I can say for @Epi_Junky.  So far, this has been beyond my expectations.
For an impromptu meetup (tweetup) at House of Blues in Dallas, it was bigger than anyone could have expected.  The intention of RJ (@hybridmedic) and Scott (@medicsbk) to have a small gathering turned into a group of forty or more all speaking the same language...EMS.  It was beyond what anyone expected.  And then Zoll showed up to make it official.  The support and interest Zoll has in social media and its roll in ems is amazing.  They really understand that it has become a component of ems now and in the future.

Arriving at the House of Blues and not knowing an actual person made me a little nervous.  I had expectations of how I wanted the evening to go.  Earlier in the day I planned the possibility of being back to the hotel early because it didn't go as planned.  The idea that I would be in Dallas for the rest of the week, with nobody to talk to and enjoy the conference.  I am so glad that was not the result.   It ended up being so much more than I could have imagined.  EVERYONE was amazing.  It was as if we had known one another for years.  There was no judgement of who worked where and for whom.  We are all the same person playing a different roll for a different service.  It was great.

I will now break away from this to go and record an episode of EMS Garage.

Don't worry...There is more to come

No comments:

Post a Comment